Tuesday, November 12, 2013

La Vie en Rioja



So, for those of you who eagerly follow my blog posts (I guess that means Mom and Aunt Jann, I'm talking to you) you know that I had plans to visit La Rioja. I did indeed go and the details of my experience are long overdue. All in all, it was fantastico! I felt like such a privileged 22 year old foreigner while I waltzed around a Spanish castle where wine is made on sight, or while I was wined, dined and toured by one of Rioja's most devout followers of the philosophy of terroir wines. Or while I visited the most interesting winery I've been to yet. "All this and more to come on A Girl and a Vine. Stay tuned."

I will post actual blogs about each experience, but, in the meantime, check out some shots I snapped between catas.

"Peace to those who are arriving, Health to those who live here, Happiness to those who are leaving"

1 comment:

  1. For those of you who come to La Rioja, just pay a visit to "Laguardia" village (roughly translated to english the meaning of the name of the village would be "the garrison" or "the sentry"). It's a very beautiful middle ages fortified village built on the top of a hill and it is extremely well maintained.

    It's worth to be visited. Even more at this time of the year, right after the "vendange", when the vines turn red, brown, green and yellow. This was the PERFECT weekend to come to La Rioja.

    ReplyDelete